Agencies Overseeing the Memorial Bridge Project
- New Hampshire Department of Transportation (NHDOT)
- NHDOT Memorial Bridge Project Information
- Maine Department of Transportation (MaineDOT)
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
Background and History of the Memorial Bridge Project
Let’s keep our communities connected. It is only a short drive between Portsmouth and Kittery. These links are provided so you can support the cultural sites and events and businesses that may be negatively impacted by the temporary closure of the bridge.
Chambers of Commerce
Kittery Area Cultural Sites (partial list)
- Kittery Historical & Naval Museum
- Hackmatack Playhouse
- Ogunquit Museum
- Historic New England
- Ogunquit Playhouse
Kittery Area Restaurants
Located in Kittery Foreside and Near The Water
- Warren’s Lobster House
- The Weathervane Seafood Restaurant
- Morrison’s Lobster - 11 Badgers’ Island, West Kittery. Will open Memorial Day weekend.
- AJ’s Wood Grill Pizza
- Anneke Jans
- The Black Birch
- Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier
- Crooked Lane Café - 70 Wallingford Square in Kittery. The café is open from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday. For more information, call (207) 439-2244.
- Captain and Patty’s Restaurant - 90 Pepperrell Road, Rt. 103 Kittery Point. Hours – 11:30am – 8:oo pm (Wed/Thurs/Sun and 11:30am to 9:00pm Fri/ Sat. Closed on Mon and Tues. For more information, call (207) 439-3655.
Located in Kittery’s own “Gourmet Alley”
- Beach Pea Baking Company
- Loco Cocos Tacos
- Terracotta Pasta Company
- Golden Harvest - 47 State Road. For more information, call (207) 439-2113.
- Carl’s Meat Market - 25 State Road Kittery. Grill open 10am to 6pm daily. For more information, call (207) 439-1557.
Portsmouth Area Cultural Sites (partial list)
- The USS Albacore Museum
- Strawbery Banke Museum
- Society of Colonial Dames of America in New Hampshire
- Wentworth-Gardner and Tabias Lear Houses Association
- Governor’s House
- Warner House Association
- Wentworth-Coolidge Mansion
- Portsmouth Historical Society
- Portsmouth Athenaeum & Portsmouth Public Library
- The Gundalow Company
- The Seacoast Repertory Theatre
- Seacoast African-American Cultural Center
- Portsmouth Black Heritage Trail
- Japan-America Society of New Hampshire/Portsmouth Peace Treaty Forum
- Friends of Portsmouth Harbor Light/National Historic Lighthouse